CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Not too shabby really..

I got my Qs all gathered up last night and after the gym today I went to the better stocked Kroger. I got all my items that I could find and went to start checking out at the self-check and the spicy brown mustard rang up at $1.79 and not $1.25. I asked about it, and the CS guy went back and checked the endcap display I had gotten my mustard from. Well there was nothing to indicate that the spicy brown mustard was not part of the sale and cost more. So I ended up getting the first one free, and the second one at the $1.25 price.

That trip I got:

2 can sliced pineapple
3 Softsoap liquid soap
2 yellow mustard
2 spicy brown mustard
1 Duncan Hines cake mix
2 Ziploc storage containers
1 bag Jasmine rice
1 Scotch Brite dish scrubber (NailSaver type)
1 box whole wheat rotini
2 Double Early Edition Sunday papers

Total OOP - $10.23
Total Saved - $23.65 (70%)


I got the coupon inserts out of the paper before I even got in the car. I clipped ones I could use right away while Sophia got all mad, then fell asleep.

I ran over to the other Kroger near my house since I didn't have anything that could melt in the car (it's 80 here today). I found Glade Scented Oil Candles that were on sale 2/$5 and I had 7 $2/1 Qs! :disco: So I grabbed 7 of those. I got everything else I needed, and then happened to find some Fiber One yogurt on clearance (near expiration date) for $1 and I snatched up 3 of them and used 50c/1 Qs to make them totally free! :D

Transaction #1 items:

3 Fiber One yogurts
2 boxes Ronzoni elbow pasta
1 Land-o-Lakes butter (light)
1 Pilsbury sweet rolls
3 Pilsbury pizza crust
3 tubs Betty Crocker frosting
3 jars Ragu pasta sauce
7 Glade Scented Oil Candle holders

Total OOP - $11.28
Total Saved - $55.95 (83%)

Transaction #2 items:

3 Pilsbury sweet rolls
1 Pilsbury pizza crust

Total OOP - 50c
Total Saved - $6.86 (93%)


So $22.01 total, and saved $86.46.

0 comments: