CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Being Thrifty-er

In the last few months I've done well for us and there are things we just don't need to worry about buying for some time. The stuff I can think of off hand..

~ Shampoo / Conditioner
~ Toothpaste
~ Mouth Wash
~ Bar Soap
~ Body Wash
~ Lotion
~ Dish Soap
~ Dishwasher Detergent
~ Feminine Supplies
~ Pain Relief
~ All Purpose Cleaner
~ Trash Bags
~ Candles, Air Fresheners
~ Facial Cleanser
~ Makeup
~ Cereal
~ Condiments: Ketchup, Mustard
~ Marinades, Salad Dressing, Worcestershire Sauce
~ Frozen Vegetables
~ Chicken
~ Canned Tuna
~ Dried Beans/Lentils
~ Pasta Sauce
~ Spaghetti Noodles
~ Tomato Soup
~ Cream of Mushroom Soup
~ Rice-a-Roni / Pasta-Roni
~ Canned Tomatoes / Ro*Tel


I need to look for meat other than chicken to go on sale and stock up. I'm going to make a greater effort to cook from scratch more often and reduce our grocery bill to things that are perishable and as food items come along on a decent sale again. Of course many of the non-food items I will not buy unless it's either VERY cheap, or free since I know it's possible.

I think I'll use my cooking blog to track my from scratch cooking. If someone can benefit even once from a meal plan I have then I'll be happy. :)

0 comments: